Sunday, February 15, 2009

I've Got Nothing

Sometimes it's okay to not have anything you can do. Sometimes you just need to recharge. As much as you want to try, you cannot go at top speed forever. Sometimes you need to slow down, sometimes you need to take it easy. Other than sleeping, sometimes you need time to do nothing, to have nothing.

Even the most creative, innovative, dynamic people have times when they've got nothing. It may be because they're stumped, it may be because they don't have a current project, or maybe they CHOSE to take the time to do nothing, to have nothing.

I'm not proposing something out of the ordinary here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to ever say "hey, maybe taking a little bit of time for yourself is a good idea." But as many people talk it up or mention it...very few of them actually practice it.

Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

  1. I find that I always have a huuuge mental "to do" list.. but I pick my battles and sometimes just need days where I veg and read a book or catch up on some tv watching. It helps me be productive on other days I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. There is no reason to be "on" at all times, regardless of what you do or who you are.

    ReplyDelete